Friday, July 15, 2016

Life with Books

I'm not... until. I'm not really a bibliophile or a bookworm, definitely not me. Even when I was in grade school, I don't really like the word "book" that much. Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone. But I have to admit, eBooks are way better and it just sounds cool. There's this app/site called Wattpad where people write their own stories, and other people can actually read your work for free, well unless the author decides to publish their work into a book, but I got hooked in reading stories from Wattpad when I was in high school, so much for eBooks, right?

When my 3rd year in high school was approaching, I was addicted to books with compilation of short stories, poems, and the like. That was when I think I'm in love with Lang Leav's books (who wouldn't?) and started to feel that books were becoming a part of me.


One of my favorite poem is titled "For You", and here's the last line:
 "..Finally, I want you to know how sorry I am for pushing you away when I had only meant to bring you closer. And if I ever felt like home to you, it was because you were safe with me. - I want you to know that most of all." - Lang Leav, Lullabies
Then recently as I organize my bookshelf, I decided to read this book called "November 9" by Colleen Hoover. By the way, I HAD THIS BOOK OUT OF CURIOSITY, because the book title is actually my birthday, that's how weird I am attracted to buying books: it's either the cover, or the title, or the synopsis itself (which rarely happens)

This is the first Colleen Hoover book I've read. 
"Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist."  - goodreads
This was also the book that caused me to sleep late, I don't know why but there's something with Hoover's writing that pulled me into wanting to read more of her books. I've also experienced having a book hangover because of this.

For those who haven't read November 9, especially to my friends, OMG you did not just tell me you haven't read it! I'll give it a 5-star rating and no one would argue with it. So next to my "TBR" pile (as what Fallon calls it: TO BE READ pile) is CONFESS by Colleen Hoover again. 
I checked out the synopsis in goodreads, and here it goes:
Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.
For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it. 
The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…
Let's see if this one is better than November 9. lol.
P.S. All images are from Google. :)
Suggest me some books like this one, send me a message