Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Summer in Aurora (Part 2)

The continuation post of my trip. Four days stay in Aurora. Two days of exploration. It's not enough. I could feel my heart pounding after realizing that we're about to go home on Sunday (aww sayang, sana may oras pa..) But I could say my summer vacation was worth it, and I'd raise two thumbs up for that.

The Baler Church above is one of the oldest and historical churches in Aurora. It was built because of the initiative of President Manuel L. Quezon for her wife Doña Aurora Quezon. Yes, the province of Aurora was even named after her.

Beside the Baler Church is the Mount Carmel College (a known private school in Baler). Sadly, we didn't tour around the campus.
 In front of the two structures is the rebuilt Doña Aurora Aragon Quezon residence.
 Presidential car. I forgot to zoomed in the plate number, it's an honor seeing the "1" on the plate number of the car.

 Ermita in Casiguran Aurora. The place is actually on a hilltop of a mountain.
 This is what you'll see on one of the levels of the hilltop.


 Balete Park. Found here is the 600 year old Balete Tree / Millennium Tree, one of the oldest trees perhaps in Asia. Anyone is fit to go inside the tree and find their own way out on the other side. Cool!


Casidran. A typical river / stream where you could actually swim and rent a hut for simple gatherings.


Night life back in the previous post near Sabang Beach. I could compare it to Boracay and there's a bit of similarity. We ate at the Pavilion Bar & Grill. There are reggae bands (ohh how I'd love listening to remixed songs of Bob Marley and etc.), cool breeze, swoosh of the waves, warm sands, dancing tourists through the music played, and all.
 Never miss one of the coolest dining place near the beach! Baler Surfer Grill offers a twist to their way of serving people their food. The place use Beetle / Bug (Volkswagen) cars and inserted grills underneath the hoods. A-mazing! Excuse my lil 'bro posing in the pic.
 Look at them swagger caps. Collection by my cousin (Champ Olivar). Dope? Hehe, there's one missing.
Too many memories and moments to share, such little time for posting and all. But I do hope you'd visit Aurora too :D